The Resistance Forum Index
The Resistance Forum Index Guild Wars
The Resistance Forum Index The Resistance Civony
The Resistance Forum Index
FAQ  °  Search  °  Memberlist  °  Usergroups  ° Register  °  Profile  °  Log in to check your private messages  °  Log in 

Leadership Vaccuum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Resistance Forum Index -> The Resistance -> The Resistance
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Dagny

PostPosted: Wed 13 May - 00:06 (2009)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum Reply with quote

We are all missing Dracknard, and it is my hope that he returns to us soon.

In the interim we have a glaring need in leadership.  My co-host position is really only to enable me to make treaties.  I was not given the position or the power to lead and will not just take over.  I do love you all and would be honored to lead if I was wanted for that position.  There are some serious considerations that would weigh against that being the best decision.  I am not aggressive.  I love playing diplomat and sharing the wisdom of the game with other members as well as having fun chatting while we build our cities.  Many members might prefer that one of our very brave generals who actually gets themselves bloody on the fields of honor and sacrifice should take the position.

As such, if Dracknard does not return by this weekend, I will likely start asking for allaince members to step forward to take the mantle of leadership until either Drack returns, or until it becomes obvious that he will not.  Once we know who wants to lead, I suggest we choose democratically.  I believe that I can promote one more player to co-host and I am the only one with the power to do so besides Drack at this point.

I know we all hope Drack comes back, and perhaps he will, but to remain strong we do need a leader to rally around.

Lady Dagny

Publicité

PostPosted: Wed 13 May - 00:06 (2009)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
volt880

PostPosted: Wed 13 May - 01:10 (2009)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum Reply with quote

NOOO... Dagny, you're our best leader!!! lol. I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE NOT AGGRESSIVE Razz
Can we at least make a list of candidates, first? lol?
I'm gonna say put on that list:
Mesk
Athanos
(any other additions)?

maxpain

PostPosted: Wed 13 May - 01:13 (2009)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum Reply with quote

ahhhh is that your real pic dagny is so hubba hubba can i be a student  Razz

Wynde

PostPosted: Wed 13 May - 01:15 (2009)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum Reply with quote

I will respect a decision that involves us
Dagny wrote:

We are all missing Dracknard, and it is my hope that he returns to us soon.

In the interim we have a glaring need in leadership.  My co-host position is really only to enable me to make treaties.  I was not given the position or the power to lead and will not just take over.  I do love you all and would be honored to lead if I was wanted for that position.  There are some serious considerations that would weigh against that being the best decision.  I am not aggressive.  I love playing diplomat and sharing the wisdom of the game with other members as well as having fun chatting while we build our cities.  Many members might prefer that one of our very brave generals who actually gets themselves bloody on the fields of honor and sacrifice should take the position.

As such, if Dracknard does not return by this weekend, I will likely start asking for allaince members to step forward to take the mantle of leadership until either Drack returns, or until it becomes obvious that he will not.  Once we know who wants to lead, I suggest we choose democratically.  I believe that I can promote one more player to co-host and I am the only one with the power to do so besides Drack at this point.

I know we all hope Drack comes back, and perhaps he will, but to remain strong we do need a leader to rally around.

Lady Dagny

Yahoo Messenger
locanmures

PostPosted: Wed 13 May - 01:16 (2009)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum Reply with quote

I agree with Volt's list of potential candidates, but I'll also add Knyte, Oneilius, and Sir-guy for consideration.

And as I mentioned in the alliance chat earlier today, I propose creating a new forum, since none of us other than Drack have the power to moderate and administer this current board.

Visit poster’s website
Dagny

PostPosted: Wed 13 May - 02:46 (2009)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum Reply with quote

maxpain wrote:
ahhhh is that your real pic dagny is so hubba hubba can i be a student  Razz

Yes dear, that's me :-)

Dagny

PostPosted: Wed 13 May - 02:48 (2009)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum Reply with quote

locanmures wrote:
I agree with Volt's list of potential candidates, but I'll also add Knyte, Oneilius, and Sir-guy for consideration.
And as I mentioned in the alliance chat earlier today, I propose creating a new forum, since none of us other than Drack have the power to moderate and administer this current board.

I appreciate the input.  I think we should first see who wants to lead.  In a game like this we need to make sure that it's someone who really wants it, has the time to put in, and plans to be around for awhile.  Write in votes, including for me, are obviously the choice of each member.

Katey

PostPosted: Wed 13 May - 03:23 (2009)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum Reply with quote

I support any of the names on the list; I do like having the leader be someone out there battling with the support/co-leader being the diplomat.

Welfy

PostPosted: Wed 13 May - 03:25 (2009)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum Reply with quote

How do we want to organize voting?
A poll thread? Or having everyone message their votes to Dagny?

Also, we should make sure that the people who are nominated actually want the leadership, so maybe a statement (post) from each indicating their interest might be wise. Or, if we wanted to go more democratic, we could have a system of nominations with someone needing to second that nomination?

Just some thoughts.

Dagny

PostPosted: Wed 13 May - 03:46 (2009)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum Reply with quote

We'll figure it out this weekend.  I want to giove Drack at least til Saturday before making any changes.  I saw he was online today, but I don't know if he said anything to anyone.

Athanos

PostPosted: Thu 14 May - 05:12 (2009)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum Reply with quote

You can take my name off the list of potential leaders. I only accept leadership if I feel that no one else is competent enough to lead, and that is not the case here. I'll be happy to serve the new leader as an advisor or an enforcer, but I'm not interested in acting as host.

Execurus

PostPosted: Fri 15 May - 22:55 (2009)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum Reply with quote

my opinion on this is simple. why settle for 1 leader. isn't that the whole point of co-hosts. Do not get me wrong, I think Dagny is doing a hell of a good job as diplomat, far better then most of us could ever be (unless its Mesks' version of diplomacy at the end of a sword or gun or something. what was said in star wars episode. aggressive negotiation). The leader or leaders (different time zones so multiple leaders would be suitable here) can look after his or her own time area. 

just my 2 cents.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 17:05 (2018)    Post subject: Leadership Vaccuum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Resistance Forum Index -> The Resistance -> The Resistance All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation