The Resistance Forum Index
The Resistance Forum Index Guild Wars
The Resistance Forum Index The Resistance Civony
The Resistance Forum Index
FAQ  °  Search  °  Memberlist  °  Usergroups  ° Register  °  Profile  °  Log in to check your private messages  °  Log in 

Nominations for Leadership
Goto page: 1, 2  >

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Resistance Forum Index -> The Resistance -> The Resistance
Previous topic :: Next topic  
Dagny

PostPosted: Thu 14 May - 06:10 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

Please post here nominations for who you would like to lead in Dracknard's absence.  This is not a vote, that will be done by double-blind-secret-squirrel ballotting... ok well, secret balloting.  This is just a place for members to suggest who they would like to see take the reigns.

Athanos has altready expressed a desire not to lead at this time.  I will ask him to be the one to count the ballots if he wouldn't mind. 

I am asking anyone interested in nominating someone to do so here and for members who have been nominated to post if they are interested in the position.

If you are interested in leading but have not been nominated, please post here as well.

As for me, I do not seek power for the sake of power, but if anyone wants me to do it, I shall do so humbly and faithfully.

Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 14 May - 06:10 (2009)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
locanmures

PostPosted: Thu 14 May - 06:23 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

My nominations:

Dagny
Mesk
Knyte
Oneilius
Sir-guy

Visit poster’s website
Athanos

PostPosted: Thu 14 May - 15:54 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

OK, since Dagny is a candidate and I'm going to be counting the votes, I'm just gonna jump in here and set a schedule for this little election. All times are server time.

Friday 5PM - Nominations close. You must be an alliance member at this time in order to vote.
Friday 6PM - Final list of nominees posted. Voting begins. I will accept votes by in-game mail only.
Sunday Noon - Voting ends.

I will tally the votes as they are received. If anyone achieves a clear victory before voting officially ends, I will announce the results as soon as I have them.

If voting continues until the deadline, I will announce the results no later than 6PM Sunday.

If anyone has any questions or objections, post here or contact me before 5PM Friday. Once I post the final list of nominees, no changes will be made.

Wynde

PostPosted: Thu 14 May - 16:32 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

I accept the nomination and will do my best if so elected to serve within my capabilities.  you humble servant,

Knyte. Okay

Yahoo Messenger
Wynde

PostPosted: Thu 14 May - 16:33 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

I also nominate Dagny to this post as well. Dag, you have show considerable grace and wit and have shown to be a leader and strength of character that I am deeply impressed by. Very Happy

Yahoo Messenger
jongrnl

PostPosted: Thu 14 May - 21:56 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

I would like to also nominate either:
Dagny
Mesk or
Sir-guy.

Athanos

PostPosted: Thu 14 May - 22:23 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

Sir-guy has declined his nomination. Dagny and Knyte have accepted. I have yet to hear back from Mesk and Oneilius.

Dagny

PostPosted: Thu 14 May - 22:56 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

Athanos wrote:
Sir-guy has declined his nomination. Dagny and Knyte have accepted. I have yet to hear back from Mesk and Oneilius.

My Lord,
I would reccommend extending the voting deadline to midnight Saturday because of all the different time zones in which our members live.  Noon may be odd hours for many.  Just a suggestion.

Dagny

PostPosted: Thu 14 May - 22:57 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

Oh, one mor ething, also just a suggestion.  I think the leader should be elected by a majority, not a plurality.  If the first voting does not give one person more than 50% of the votes we should then have a run-off between the top 2.  I just think that for alliance unity the leader should be elected by a majority.. just a thought.. run with it as you will :-)

Dagny

PostPosted: Thu 14 May - 22:58 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

Wynde wrote:
 I also nominate Dagny to this post as well. Dag, you have show considerable grace and wit and have shown to be a leader and strength of character that I am deeply impressed by. Very Happy

You're a dear!  You also possess a wit and a way that people admire.  So I nominate you right back!

Kylegarra

PostPosted: Fri 15 May - 00:42 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

Well, only been in the alliance a day or so, so hard to say nominations really. Since Sir and Ath are out it has to be between:

Dagny or
Knyte

However, the way i see how Dag has took over so well as a temporary leader, and done so well (from what i have seen anyhow,) i would have to go with her.

Reilithion

PostPosted: Fri 15 May - 01:41 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

Dagny wrote:

Oh, one mor ething, also just a suggestion.  I think the leader should be elected by a majority, not a plurality.  If the first voting does not give one person more than 50% of the votes we should then have a run-off between the top 2.  I just think that for alliance unity the leader should be elected by a majority.. just a thought.. run with it as you will :-)

I second this.  It might require more footwork on the part of all members (who might have to vote twice) and especially Athanos (who will have to count and organize twice), but there is no surer way to dispel strife over leadership transition.  At least, none open to us.

Wynde

PostPosted: Fri 15 May - 02:49 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

I agree wit this it should be majority vote. with a runoff with the top 2 

Yahoo Messenger
Athanos

PostPosted: Fri 15 May - 04:40 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

Ok. We can do a run-off, but since I only have two people who have accepted nominations, that may not be a problem.

Athanos

PostPosted: Fri 15 May - 15:28 (2009)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership Reply with quote

Dagny wrote:

Athanos wrote:

My Lord,
I would reccommend extending the voting deadline to midnight Saturday because of all the different time zones in which our members live.  Noon may be odd hours for many.  Just a suggestion.
The deadline I set was noon on Sunday, so midnight Saturday would not be an extension. I think we'll have a clear winner before then, but if not, letting people continue to vote overnight won't delay results by much.

Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 21:11 (2018)    Post subject: Nominations for Leadership

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Resistance Forum Index -> The Resistance -> The Resistance All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation